Logging in to Plesk
To log in to your Plesk control panel:
- Open your web browser, and in the address bar type the URL where your Plesk control panel is located.
For example, https://your-domain.com:8443, where your-domain.com is the domain name of your Web host.
- Press ENTER. Plesk login screen will open.
- Type the user name 'admin' and your password into the Login and Password boxes, respectively. If this is your first login to the freshly installed control panel, use the default password 'setup'.
- If you log in for the first time, select the language for your control panel from the Interface language menu. If you had previously specified the interface language and saved it in your interface preferences, leave the User default value selected.
- Click Login.
After your first login, you should accept the license agreement and then specify the host name and IP addresses to assign to the server.
- Read carefully the terms of the License Agreement and, if you agree to all the terms, select the I agree to the terms of this license agreement and Do not show it again check boxes.
- Click Accept to proceed to the post-install configuration.
- In the Full hostname field, enter your server's host name. This should be a fully qualified host name but without a trailing dot (for example, host.domain.tld).
- Specify the IP address that will be used as the default address of your server. You have the following two options:
- Select one of your existing IP address from the drop-down box. This list is populated automatically and contains all IP addresses available on the server.
- Click the Add IP Address option button, select the network interface and enter the new IP address and subnet mask in the IP address box.
Note: With Plesk you can mark all your IP addresses as shared or dedicated before you assign them to your customers. This allows the control panel to distinguish between them and not to let you assign a dedicated IP address to several customers at once. A dedicated IP address can be assigned to a single customer, while a shared IP address can be shared among several user accounts.
- In the Shared IP section, specify the type for existing addresses: shared or exclusive. Click the Shared and Exclusive buttons to change the types of IP addresses.
You can skip this stage and define the type of IP addresses later (Server > IP Addresses).
- In the Administrator's preferences section, change the default administrator password.
Change the default administrator's password. Enter the new password and confirm it in the New password and Confirm password fields. The password can have up to 14 symbols. Note that the password is case sensitive.
Note: Do not forget to change the administrator's password from the default one to your own personalized password; otherwise, access to the control panel under the administrator account will be available with the default password 'setup', which is known to many users of Plesk.
- Click OK.
- Fill in administrator's contact information. Be sure to leave the I would like to create a default client account check box selected: Plesk assigns Web sites to client accounts, and selecting this check box will create a special user account "My Domains", which you will use for hosting your own Web sites.
- Click OK.